In order to make your home or yard less inviting, knowing what the ant requires is essential. Some of the ants are eating wood. Others eat the food of people, and some feed on crops and other insects that are decaying. Contact Prokil Pest Control to help identifying ants.
Managing Ants Inside
- Seal any cracks and crevices that ants may use to enter your home.
- Wipe up ant trails with soapy water to remove any pheromone trails.
- Vacuum up ants. Dispose of the vacuum bag right away.
- Regularly empty and wash rubbish bins and recycling bins. Clean up crumbs and spills, especially with sweet liquids like soda.
- If ants are coming inside, consider keeping food in hard, sealed containers, not cardboard boxes or paper wrappers. Attractive items, such as sugar and honey, can also be stored in the refrigerator.
Managing Ants Outside
- The most effective way to kill small black ants is to use ant baits
- If a potted plant has ants, consider creating a ‘moat’ barrier around them. Elevate potted plants inside a larger bowl full of water and detergent keeping them above the water line.
- Keep vegetation around the house trimmed so that ants can’t travel from shrubbery or branches to the house.
- Fix leaky pipes or clogged gutters, replace any moisture damaged wood and store firewood, where carpenter ants may nest, away from the home.
- Locate and remove the ant nest(s). Different ant species prefer different nesting sites.
- You will need to have an understanding of what nutritional needs are required by the species of ant to determine the type of ant bait to use. Different baits provide different dietary values, such as protein, sugar, or carbohydrates.
A powerful tool for multiple ant control.
- Ant baits contain insecticides mixed with materials that attract worker ants looking for food.
- Baits are a key tool for managing ants and the only type of insecticide that target most pest species of ant, including all key sweet feeders
- Baits are no odor, non-staining formulation maintains its integrity for extended periods
- Ant bait can be used indoors or outdoors as a spot treatment in residential, commercial, factories, food handling establishments, homes, hospitals, boats, ships, and all other areas.
- To prevent ants from coming indoors is to apply a perimeter treatment of residual sprays around the perimeter of the building
- Insecticide sprays are a great way to deal with a few ants that may have entered your house
- External spray with a revolutionary product that has a transfer effect, low odor, that will knock out ant colonies trying to invade your home
- A common practice used to prevent ants from coming indoors is to apply a perimeter treatment of residual sprays around the foundation.
Our-low Cost Pest Control Services to all homes and business, if it has a pest problem you can trust that your Pest Control Service is done in the most effective and affordable way that suits your budget. And Save!
Prokil Pest Control has established its reputation for being a transparent, reliable and value-for-money service provider. We adopt environmentally conscious, highest quality products and practices ensuring your family, kids, friends, workspaces and co-workers are safe at all times.
- Brisbane and CBD
- North Side Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have, call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.