Bed Bug Pest Control
Bed Bug Treatments
Bed Bug control are blood-sucking insects in the family Cimicidae. Both nymphs and adults feed on sleeping or sedentary humans, mostly at night, a time when this pest’s stealthy habits are difficult to observe.
These persistent bugs are making a worldwide resurgence and can be found in the cleanest of all situations, hotels, motels in fact in any accommodation where humans frequent, and readily bite humans, cause’s swellings that become red and irritated when scratched. Some people, however, exhibit no visible symptoms after being bitten.
Where they hide?
They hide in the cracks and crevices during the day, depending on the severity of the infestation, they commonly hide in the seams along the mattress or in the base between the timber slats, cracks and joins of the bed frame, head boards base boards, curtains, between wallpaper, power points in fact anywhere it does not get to hot during the day.
Bed bugs can survive up to 12 months without a blood meal, depending on their environment.Bed Bug control
The cracks and crevices during the day, depending on the severity of the infestation, they commonly hide in the seams along the mattress or in the base between the timbers slats, cracks and joins of the bed frame, head boards base boards, curtains, between wallpaper, power points in fact anywhere it does not get to hot during the day.
- Mattresses, particularly along the seams and any labels
- Bedding such as sheets and blankets
- Timber slats, frame of bed, headboard
- Beneath loosened edges of wallpaper
- Electrical sockets
- Between the cracks of wooden floors
- In wall cracks or crevices
- Carpet (edges)
- Furniture, particularly in seams and cracks
Cornices, behind pictures on the wall.
Symptoms of a Bed Bug bites:
Both nymphs and adults feed on sleeping or sedentary humans, mostly during the night when conditions are more favourable, which makes the bed bug habits more difficult to sight.
It usually starts with a bite in the night with continuous scratching to the bite area, which will leave:
- Large weals that reduce to a red mark then gradually fade over a few days
- Reddening of the skin
- Localised swelling
- Formation of blisters
Small loss of skin tissue in some cases.
- Prior to treatment, a thorough inspection of all infested and potentially infested areas should be carried out.
- The use of a dual-action spray has been proven to be incredibly effective in control bed bug population, including strains that are resistant to conventional pyrethroids
- Treatment should be directed to all areas of infestation, e.g. the bed-frame and walls, cracks, crevices and skirting boards in the vicinity of the bed. It may also be applied to the edges and seams of the mattress
- Many insecticides are not efficient in killing eggs, so there is often a need for a second treatment to kill juveniles after hatching eggs.
- In combination with the above, mattress encasement offers superior bed bug protection for your mattress, if you have ensemble bed, that too can be completely covered
- Legs of the bed can be protected with a smooth slippery tape, that will stop bed bugs trying to climb up the legs, as they cannot climb slippery surfaces
- For bedding, clothing, and other heat durable items, drying them on high heat for 30 minutes will kill all bed bugs, including the eggs. Items that cannot be washed place in black bin liners and leave in the sun, every bed bug stage will be killed in the heat
- Bed bugs are very sensitive to heat and are rapidly killed when exposed to temperatures over 45C.
- For tumble drying, ‘hot’ setting for 30 minutes for dry clothes to achieve a complete kill of all stages. If clothes are wet, then they should be left in the machine until completely dry.
- Remove as many bed bugs and eggs with a vacuum, a crevice tool on the vacuum can allow you to target the tight areas, seams of mattress and box springs, carpets, skirting boards. Seal and dispose of vacuum bag.
- Other techniques may include using a portable steam cleaner that can kill all bed bug life stages
- Many other techniques may include treatments for heat and steam, fumigation, and cold treatments. Some of these procedures must be done by a qualified specialist.
Our-low Cost Bed Bug Treatments to all homes and business, if it has a pest problem you can sure that your Pest Control Service is done in the most effective and affordable way that fits in with your budget. And Save!
Prokil Pest Control has established its reputation for being a transparent, reliable and value-for-money service provider. We adopt environmentally conscious, highest quality products and practices ensuring your family, kids, friends, workspaces and co-workers are safe at all times.
- Brisbane and CBD
- North Side Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have, call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.
Leading Pest Control Provder
Bed Bug Treatment starts with the inspection to confirm you have bed bugs? Bites from insects varies between person to person, this variance in skin reaction often makes it difficult to confirm bed bug from the bite alone.
Bed Bug Inspection $99
Any Size Home
2 Bedroom Homes $120
Internals | Externals | Roof Space
Cockroaches | Spiders | Ants | Silverfish
For this package call now!
12 Months Service Warranty
Any Size Home
With Thermal Imaging Camera
Prokil Pest Control Services Brisbane-Ipswich-Redcliff-Gold Coast areas.
- Residential, Investment Properties, Flats, Units
- Boats, House boats,
- Warehouse and storage
- Restaurant and Cafe
- Hotels, Motels, Bars, hospitality, food court outlets, takeaway shops
- Mining camp Kitchens
- Body Corp, Property Management, Complexes
- Schools, High rise office
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have. call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.