Flea Pest Control
Flea Control Services
Being infested with fleas at home or your work place can be frustrating and annoying the discomfort and irritation to both yourself and pets.
Ongoing bites from the uninvited guest can cause secondary infection, even a single bite can cause severe itching that could persist up to 5 days. Effective and urgent attention is needed to rid them from your home and pets.
Fleas usually require warm and humid conditions to develop. Due to the flea life cycle and feeding habits.
An adult flea is small 1 – 3 mm, reddish-brown, wingless insects with flattened bodies, there piercing-sucking mouthparts allows then to suck the blood from their host. Female fleas can lay 25-50 eggs per day which of many fall from their host and land on carpet, bedding and anywhere the pet frequents. Eggs hatch into flea larvae in about 7 days. After feeding on dried blood left from the adult flea they move around for 2 weeks build a cocoon and develop into adults and can remain in their cocoon for up to 12 months
Different reaction to bites but the more common sight to a bite appears slightly raised and red itchy spot. They can at times bleed.
Fleas can feed for up to three hours from one site, and can drink up to 140 per cent of their body weight in blood
Adult fleas can jump around 30cm high, over a metre in length and will jump around 10,000 times when looking for a host.
What to do to help reduce Fleas:
- Adult female flea requires a blood meal before laying eggs, up to 50 eggs per day, these tiny white eggs are slippery and fall out of the pet’s fur.
- You’ll notice what looks like salt (the eggs) and pepper (adult flea feces) in places where your pet sleeps. The eggs hatch into larvae in two days to a few weeks, depending on temperature and humidity.
- Vacuum thoroughly is highly effective in removing fleas at all life stages present in your home
- vacuuming especially in areas where pets rest or sleep, pay attention to carpets, along skirting, under furniture, bedding, rugs and cushions.
- Vacuuming removes many eggs, larvae and pupae developing within the home. When finished with vacuuming seal the contents and discard to the waste bin.
- Hot wash as many items you can including pet bedding, hot soapy water acts as an effective means to kill fleas in all life stages.
- Wash your pets bed cover in hot water, dry on high heat to kill adult fleas, larvae and eggs
- Confine sub floor areas and cover up waste bins to deter wildlife that may carry fleas
- Keep lawns cut back
- Make sure its fleas you are dealing with?
- Locate heavily infested areas, normally areas that the pet frequent
- Was pet bedding in hot soapy water at least once a week
- Vacuum all floors, carpets, skirting boards, underneath furniture, behind cushions, pet areas, cracks and crevices daily this will remove flea eggs, larvae and adults
- The biting adult flea spend most of their time on your pets, treatment to your home and pets should be done at the same time, this essential step in ridding a home of fleas.
- It is essential that the application of a treatment be implemented throughout the entire life cycle. Because the flea life cycle is 18 to 28 days under prime conditions
- Residual surface treatment should be applied to carpets, pet sleeping areas, beneath furniture, skirting boards, dark areas and other areas harbouring adults or larvae.
- Fleas will continue to emerge for about 2 weeks after treatment, because the spray doesn’t kill pupae. Continue to vacuum, and don’t treat again for at least several weeks.
Our-low Cost Pest Control Services to all homes and business, if it has a pest problem you can be sure that your Pest Control Service is done in the most effective and affordable way that fits in with your budget. And Save!
Prokil Pest Control has established its reputation for being a transparent, reliable and value-for-money service provider. We adopt environmentally conscious, highest quality products and practices ensuring your family, kids, friends, workspaces and co-workers are safe at all times.
- Brisbane and CBD
- North Side Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have, call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.
Leading Pest Control Provder
Flea control requires 2 treatments to completely get rid of fleas, the first treatment will knock over the adult fleas. Due to the flea life cycle and feeding habits, the second treatment in 2/3 weeks, see overview for more info.
Any Size Home
2 Bedroom Homes $120
Internals | Externals | Roof Space
Cockroaches | Spiders | Ants | Silverfish
For this package call now!
12 Months Service Warranty
Any Size Home
With Thermal Imaging Camera
Prokil Pest Control Services Brisbane-Ipswich-Redcliff-Gold Coast areas.
- Residential, Investment Properties, Flats, Units
- Boats, House boats,
- Warehouse and storage
- Restaurant and Cafe
- Hotels, Motels, Bars, hospitality, food court outlets, takeaway shops
- Mining camp Kitchens
- Body Corp, Property Management, Complexes
- Schools, High rise office
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have. call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.