Rat Pest Control
Rat Control Services
Rats are some of the most troublesome rodents and can cause considerable damaged to homes and businesses. They eat and contaminate food, damage structures and property, transmit parasites and diseases to your home and yard. Rats can make nearly anywhere a home. They infest homes, farming, and food, and they adapt easily to their environment. Despite poor eyesight, they make up for this with their keen senses of hearing, smell, taste, and touch. rats explore and learn about their environment, rats are more active at night. Rats are constantly exploring and learning, memorizing paths, obstacles, food and water, shelter, and their environment features.
It can be difficult to control rats because they avoid new objects such as traps and baits. Consider checking your entire property for other signs of rats which may include droppings, nests, gnaw marks, or a dead rodent.
- Rats are adaptable, persistent and breed rapidly to produce a large rat infestation, by proofing your home or business will make it less attractive for rats.
- Keep your home in good repair; rats can squeeze through gaps of 15mm to gain access.
- Cut back weeds and overgrown areas, keep lawns short and tidy, remove any build-up of waste to eliminate nesting sites for rats.
- Rats are good climbers; make sure you trim back any vegetation in contact with the roof, repair any broken or loose tiles.
- Ensure drain covers are fixed correctly and in place, rats have known to climb up downpipes to gain entry, use a fine wire mesh fixed to base of the pipe.
- Seal any gaps around pipework entering into the building with mortar or caulking, place fine wire mesh over ventilation bricks
- Food sources that are attracted to rodent’s pet food, fruits, bread crumbs, food waste, grease (e.g. such as an BBQ), and rubbish. If you provide food for them, they will stay.
- Observe runs and smear marks – rats establish certain routes when travelling to and from their nesting site, these black greasy smears left by their fur rubbing against surfaces.
- Droppings – rat droppings are between 10 and 20 mm long and often found concentrated in runs.
- Whenever possible, remove sources of food and water. Uncovered trash, pet food or water, bird seeds and leaky roofs can attract rats
- Keep rubbish can lids closed tightly
Use only rodent-resistant composters keeping lids tight, and do not compost any animal products (fish, meat, chicken, cheese, butter).
- Trim trees and growing vegetation along walls or close to roofs.
- In many cases, rat control is difficult but can be achieved using either rat poison, rat traps, electronic devices or a combination of these methods of rodent control and eradication.
- The main task to be accomplished in any rat control program is to identify the source of the problem and if that cannot be identified, then the supply of food must be eliminated, other than the rat poison that you will use to achieve elimination
- The fastest and easiest way to catch rats is by electronic rat trap. They are easy to use without the need for adjustment or glue. Their technology of no-touch plus 100 percent kill rate makes them an ideal way to manage your rat issue.
- A baiting programme with the most reliable rodenticides with tamper-resistant bait stations that will keep bait away from children, pets and non-target animals.
- Rat traps with the exact trap velocity needed to capture and hold rats. Its patented interlocking teeth make rat escapes virtually impossible.
- Glue boards capture rats without poison, making them ideal for use in food plants, kitchens, restaurants, food processing plants, hospitals, residences, and other sensitive areas where poison is prohibited or discouraged
Our low-Cost Pest Control Services to all homes and business, if it has a pest problem you can trust that your Pest Control Service is done in the most effective and affordable way that fits in with your budget. And Save!
Prokil Pest Control has established its reputation for being a transparent, reliable and value-for-money service provider. We adopt environmentally conscious, highest quality products and practices ensuring your family, kids, friends, workspaces and co-workers are safe at all times.
- Brisbane and CBD
- North Side Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have, call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.
Leading Pest Control Provder
Rat control can be part of pest control treatment with additional costs or a service on its own starting from $220 depending on the size of the infestation. See overview.
Any Size Home
2 Bedroom Homes $120
Internals | Externals | Roof Space
Cockroaches | Spiders | Ants | Silverfish
For this package call now!
12 Months Service Warranty
Any Size Home
With Thermal Imaging Camera
Prokil Pest Control Services Brisbane-Ipswich-Redcliff-Gold Coast areas.
- Residential, Investment Properties, Flats, Units
- Boats, House boats,
- Warehouse and storage
- Restaurant and Cafe
- Hotels, Motels, Bars, hospitality, food court outlets, takeaway shops
- Mining camp Kitchens
- Body Corp, Property Management, Complexes
- Schools, High rise office
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have. call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.