Silverfish Pest Control
Silverfish Control Services
Silverfish are wingless insects with flat, oval shaped bodies have long antennae’s they are grey/blue looking insects that are between 11-20 mm in length, they are nocturnal and hide during the day; they prosper in dark and moist areas of the home such as cupboards and bathrooms and dark areas of the roof space. They come out at night in search for food and water, they are attracted to paper, clothes, carpet, starch and sugars. Silverfish prefer damp and cool places, such as subfloors, roof spaces, garages, laundry rooms, clothes cupboards, and storage areas with boxes and/or books. They also like warm, moist areas and are found around hot water tanks, water pipes, heaters.
- They don’t like the light and will move rapidly when lights are turned on.
- Damage to books from, from them chewing on the pages and bindings
- They may have damaged the packaging to dry food such as cereals, flour, pasta, and pet food
- You may see dead insects trapped in sinks or baths
- Dust and debris in households are important food sources, so regular cleaning can help provide effective control. Furthermore, the closets, cabinets and storage bins are regularly washed.
- Repair holes and cracks between pipes fix plumbing leaks or drips. Silverfish require a lot of water, improve ventilation
- Removing dust build up will reduce a source of food
- Use glass jars with masking tape placed outside of the jar, add a little water inside the jar and they can be used as a capture device.
- They like to harbour in between books, papers, magazines, rotate these items, use air tight containers for dry food.
- Remove any old piles of documents, books, magazines and fabrics and store them properly.
- Chemical solutions for large infestations. Insecticides will not be successful unless the humidity, food and hiding places that allow these pests to survive are also eliminated.
- Chemical should be applied into cracks and crevices. Pay particular attention to warm, dark corners around cookers, fireplaces, radiators, stoves, pipes, rubbish chutes and places where liquid sprays may not be used. May also be used in difficult to access areas including roof voids, wall cavities, sub-floors, around electrical equipment and behind cupboards.
Our low-Cost Pest Control Services to all homes and business, if it has a pest problem you can trust that your Pest Control Service is done in the most effective and affordable way that fits in with your budget. And Save!
Prokil Pest Control has established its reputation for being a transparent, reliable and value-for-money service provider. We adopt environmentally conscious, highest quality products and practices ensuring your family, kids, friends, workspaces and co-workers are safe at all times.
- Brisbane and CBD
- North Side Brisbane
- Southside Brisbane
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have, call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.
Leading Pest Control Provder
Prokil low-Cost Pest Control Services, is a family run friendly pest control business, if it has a pest problem you can be sure that your Pest Control Service is done in the most effective and affordable way that fits in with your budget.
Any Size Home
2 Bedroom Homes $120
Internals | Externals | Roof Space
Cockroaches | Spiders | Ants | Silverfish
For this package call now!
12 Months Service Warranty
Any Size Home
With Thermal Imaging Camera
Prokil Pest Control Services Brisbane-Ipswich-Redcliff-Gold Coast areas.
- Residential, Investment Properties, Flats, Units
- Boats, House boats,
- Warehouse and storage
- Restaurant and Cafe
- Hotels, Motels, Bars, hospitality, food court outlets, takeaway shops
- Mining camp Kitchens
- Body Corp, Property Management, Complexes
- Schools, High rise office
Let’s take care of those pest and remove them for good, if its cockroaches, fleas, rodents, termites, we can tackle any pest you have. call us for free advice or book an inspection on 1300 776 545 and speak to our friendly technician.